The Gear Bag: Specifications
This week we’re fired-up to announce the launch of The Best Made Gear Bag. The outstanding feature of this bag lies in its three layer construction: a heavy navy waxed canvas outer-body, a rigid impermeable waterproof center, and a handsome gray canvas interior lining. The bottom of the bag is protected by a waterproof ballistic nylon and brass feet so you can set this guy down just about anywhere knowing your contents will stay perfectly dry. The handles, including a high visibility red grab-handle, are made of 10,000 lb tensile strength kevlar.
- Base: 1050D Ballistic Nylon in a 2x2 basketweave. This material was actually the precursor to kevlar and was developed during WWII to stop shrapnel and other debris. This is the strongest and most durable weight of ballistic nylon available, made in the USA.
- Exterior: #8 Navy Waxed Canvas. Made by our friends at Martin Corporation based in Connecticut for close to a century, this heavy waxed canvas is tightly woven and weather-resistant.
- Handles: Kevlar webbing. The same 10,000 lb tensile strength webbing used in our Smokejumper Belt.
- Pulls & trim: 10 oz. vegetable-tanned bridle leather from Pennsylvania.
- Hardware: solid brass, including mil-spec grommets, 1/2” brass feet, and #10 YKK zipper.
- 3-layer construction that produces a handsome and water-resistant exterior, a stiff and impermeable center, and a durable canvas lining.
- 1/2” brass feet (or studs) supporting the reinforced base
- Grommet lash points for attaching gear or tools.
- Interior D-ring for securing keys or small belongings.
- 2 interior pockets, one full-length exterior pocket with pencil slots.
- Red kevlar grab-handle along front face.
- Comes with a tin of wax for re-waterproofing.
- 21” (L) x 7” (W) x 10.5” (H)
Purchase the gear bag.